Robert Gordon Bedard, CNE
475 Blair Ranch Road
Scotts Valley, CA 95066
(831) 439-9484 Voice / Fax (autoswitch)
Download a more detailed Microsoft® Word (V:7, Office 95), version by clicking here, updated 06-02-01, or
use a form to e-mail me and request clarification or additional information.
Current Employment Status
Summary of Qualifications:
- Currently offering services. I should not have trouble scheduling small projects, but I probably cannot handle any more large projects until October or November 2001.
- Over 20 years experience in hardware and software; both personal computers and embedded systems.
- Web Server Installation and Support. HTML and Perl CGI Programming. Data access documents.
- Windows NT Domain Architecture; established several NT Domains in production environments.
- Installation and support of both NetWare and Windows NT Servers, and Infrastructure.
- Novell Certification: CNE, Certified NetWare Engineer; NetWare TCP/IP, NetWare NFS.
- Understand Network Protocols and use of Protocol Analyzers, (Network General Sniffer Certified.)
- Installation, Configuration and Troubleshooting Robotic Tape Libraries and Veritas NetBackup.
- Strong background in PC configuration; Supervised configuration department of large VAR.
- Troubleshooting to the board level during configuration, and to the component level during production.
- Designed database systems using Perl, PASCAL, Microsoft Access and Microsoft Excel for Windows.
- Process Engineering: Modeled Work-flow Process, and made corrective recommendations.
- Excellent people skills: good communication skills, good facilitator, proven supervisor, team player.
- Supervised six technicians in the configuration of over five million dollars worth of PCs per month.
- Highly motivated, disciplined, organized, and conscientious, excellent project management skills.
Education - Certification - Training:
- 1989-Current -- Consultant, self-employed, Robert Bedard, Scotts Valley, CA
- 2000-2001 -- Backup Engineer at Digex, San Jose, CA
- 1998-1999 -- Senior Technical Staff, Government, Education, and Health Development, Oracle.
- 1996-1997 -- Senior Systems Development Engineer, National Semiconductor, Santa Clara, CA
- 1996 -- Senior PC Support Specialist, National Semiconductor, Santa Clara, CA
- 1995-1996 -- Field Engineer, DecisionOne, (at National Semiconductor), Santa Clara, CA
- 1994-1995 -- Tutor, (C & C++), Masters Institute, San Jose, CA
- 1986-1993 -- General Manager, Whitaker Orchids, Scotts Valley, CA
- 1991 -- Technical Writer, Barry Phillips-Editor, Scotts Valley, CA
- 1989 -- Configuration Supervisor, Micro-Financial, San Francisco, CA, (purchased by Entex)
- 1987-1989 -- Configuration Technician, Micro-Financial, San Francisco, CA
- 1984-1985 -- Engineering Technician, self-employed, Consulting.
- 1983 -- Engineering Technician, JBL Scientific, San Luis Obispo, CA
- 1982 -- Contract Programmer, self-employed.
- 1981 -- Project Manager, Diablo Valley Enterprises, Pleasant Hill, CA
- 1981 -- Instructional Assistant, Diablo Valley College Electronics Department, Pleasant Hill, CA
- 1980 -- Engineering Technician, Sloan Technology Corporation, Santa Barbara, CA
- 2001 -- Veritas NetBackup 3.4 for UNIX, Veritas, Mountain View, CA
- 2000 -- Solaris 2.X System Administration, Sun Educational Services, Milpitas, CA
- 2000 -- Advanced Veritas NetBackup 3.2 for NT, Veritas, Mountain View, CA
- 2000 -- Veritas NetBackup 3.2 for NT, Veritas, Mountain View, CA
- 1997 -- Troubleshooting with the Sniffer Network Analyzer, Network General, Menlo Park, CA
- 1997 -- Java-enabled Embedded Controller Seminar, National Semiconductor University, (NSU)
- 1997 -- An Introduction to Programming in Perl, NSU, Santa Clara, CA
- 1997 -- Windows NT 4 Workstation and Server Hands-on Seminar, Learning Tree, Santa Clara, CA
- 1997 -- Problem Solving Using 8D Methodology, Seminar, NSU, Santa Clara, CA
- 1996 -- Novell Continuing Certification Requirement for CNEs.
- 1996 -- Microsoft Certified Programmer Study Forum, Windows NT Server Training, (3 day seminar on Windows NT Server 3.51), San Diego State University College of Extended Studies.
- 1996 -- Creating Applications with C Shell Programming, NSU, Santa Clara, CA
- 1995 -- Novell CNE Certification, (Certified NetWare Engineer, NetWare 3.1X).
- 1993-1995 -- Associate of Sciences Degree in Systems Administration and Computer Programming. Emphasis on UNIX and Novell Administration, C and C++ programming. Masters Institute, San Jose, CA 98.5 units at 4.0 g.p.a.
- 1983 -- 18 quarter units at 3.44 g.p.a. in School of Electronic Engineering. California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, CA.
- 1979-1981 -- Completed two-year Industrial Electronic-Technician program. 89 Semester units at 3.85 g.p.a., 42 units in electronics courses at 4.0 g.p.a. Participated in two lab-intensive seminars on Industrial Microcomputer Systems. Diablo Valley College, Pleasant Hill, CA
- References are available upon request.
Page accessed 130 times, last updated 07-09-2001 by Robert Bedard